Пятница, 10.05.2024, 00:57

Главная Регистрация Вход
Приветствую Вас, Странник · RSS
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум гильдии Странников » База знаний LOTR » Гайды по инстансам и боевке » Lightning T2 (гайд по Lightning T2)
Lightning T2
PavlodДата: Воскресенье, 11.03.2012, 14:51 | Сообщение # 1
Кекс
Статус: В пути
Hey all, starting a t2 strat thread here where I'll discuss what we know about the add pulls and boss fight in Tower of Orthanc Lightning Wing. I would like get this one on farm because I know that this seems to be the easier of the 3 initial boss fights (acid being bugged currently). From what I have heard, no one has accomplished Fire/Ice challenge mode in tier 2, so I'll go into as much detail about the lightning wing as I can.

Group Makeup: A light blush with tri-color eye shadow works great here. Also, 2 guards, 2 cappies, 2 minis, 1 burg, 1 LM, 2 champs, 2 hunters. Sub in others with similar roles if the need is present.

Morale and Mitigations: It will help everyone involved if you make sure to have at least 7k morale unbuffed and as much common mitigation as you can have for the trash pulls. Everyone will get hit, don't be the weakest link that breaks the chain. For the boss, everyone should go retrait and swap in tactical mitigation gear/traits. All lightning, all the time.

Trash Pull 1: This pull consists of 2 Trolls, 1 Taskmaster, and 3 or 4 Deep Claws.
Start by CC'ing troll 1, CC'ing the taskmaster and having tank 1 pick up the deep claws. Tank 2 will tank troll 2. All heavies should be behind troll 2 to help absorb distributed damage. Burn the troll down FAST. After 30 seconds, reapply CC to troll 1, and throw a fear on the taskmaster to keep him locked down for a full 45 seconds. This means you have 45s to kill troll 2, plenty of time. Note that shortly before or right after troll 2 is killed, troll 1 will wake up in angry mode and smash the ground for 10 seconds, doing a common damage dot that ticks pretty hard. Pop morale pots if needed during angry-smashy-time. Troll 2 is dead and the taskmaster is awake. Tank 2 pick up the taskmaster and group commence beatdown. DO NOT worry if he's in a healy puddle. DPS through it and stop fucking around w/ moving him around. It's just 1 healy puddle. Kill the deep claws. Heal through angry-smashy-time if it happens again and heavies/tank get in position on the troll before you wake it up.

Trash Pull 2: This pull is made up of 3 Task Maestros, 3 Deep Claws, and 1 Troll. Start with a mez on the troll, a riddle on Maestro 1, and fears on Maestros 2 and 3. Deep claws will come at you, and you have 15 seconds to dispatch them. They have 36k morale each, so AoE like made and you ought to have them dead soon. Tank 1 will pick up Maestro 3 and tank 2 will pick up Maestro 2. Have tank 1 pull his to the side and tank 2 pull Maestro 2 into to . Try to make sure the taskmaster being killed is in a max of 1 healy puddle. Also, 30 seconds into the fight, a fear should be thrown on Maestro 1, locking him down for another 15 seconds. This gives about 30s to kill Maestro 2 before Maestro 1 is running a muck. While DPSing Maestro 2, the troll will likely go into angry-smashy-time, just re-CC him when he's done. Once Maestro 2 is dead, kill #1, then #3. Move into position on the troll and wreck his face.

A slight addendum is needed for this pull. With 3 taskmasters, potentially all summoning cave-claws (8k morale), it is very important that DPSing take place away from anything that is CC'd. This gives the champs/hunters room to mash AoE's and keep the cave claws in check. This means that constant AoE's must be going off any time taskmasters are awake. This also calls for precise timing when reapplying CC to the troll so he doesn't get closer to the group. I could also help here, if while tank 1 picks up taskmaster 3, he also engage/fray the edge (or any non damaging aggro) on the troll, so that if the troll does move, it's not towards the group.

Trash Pull 3: Holy shit, there's 2 trolls, 3 taskmasters, and 3 deep claws. Stop your whining! Muhammad Ali didn't become the greatest by complaining about how hard the other guys hit him. Start off with Mez on troll 1, riddle on troll 2, and fears for all 3 taskmasters. Kill the deep claws fast. After fears wear off, tank 1 will pick up taskmaster 1 and pull it to the left, tank 2 will pick up taskmaster 2 and pull it to the right. Taskmaster 3 will come to the group and DPS will wreck his world. Again, AoE cave claws and 6s rally cry (omg splooge). As taskmaster 3 is dying prepare for double-angry-smashy-temper-tantrum-time(copywright). It is here where healers might need to pop cooldowns like fellows, triumphant or essay. After taskmaster 3 is dead, kill 2, then kill 1. Make sure all little cave claws are dead, then get in position on the troll that is RIDDLED (#2) and kill it, then kill the troll that was mezzed (#1). There will be a second double-angry-smashy-temper-tantrum-time(copywright), so be ready to heal through it and pop bubbles, morale pots, etc when it happens.

Lightning Boss, aka Giant Pikachu Troll: Did you retrait for tactical mitigation? Single target DPS even. I'll start by explaining some of the mechanics of the fight. First of are Steam and Static. Steam comes from hitting the boss. I know it's not 1 steam per hit, but stop hitting the boss and steam should stop building and dissipate. Static comes from being hit by the boss when he's targeting you. Possibly even if he's not targeting you, but you're standing in front of his 180 frontal AOE arc. Tanks can avoid having static build up on them if they B/P/E enough of the troll's attacks. If the tank's static gets to 10, he will get hit with a very large AOE as will anyone around him. The idea is to tank swap before a tank gets to 10 (usually around static 6). Everyone who is not currently tanking the boss should group up behind the boss on his right foot. Standing on his back right is important because when he says "lightning shatter" he's going to shoot an avoidable AOE lightning blast forward/backward/left/right in relation to his current facing. So when "lightning shatter" is called, everyone move as a group further back and right. Another thing to watch out for is "Shock Player" where the troll will target a player and shoot a lightning chain at them. If the player can get out of the group soon enough the shock wont spread to the group. If it does, don't freak out. Keep doing your thing. I've seen people spread out when the Shock starts to go from one player to the next, but I don't think it's necessary or helpful. A third move to watch out for is when he summons a limafrin. A hunter or DPS should pick up aggro on the limafrin so that it doesn't start smacking a mini, then get back on the boss. The light is going to blow up and do distributed damage, so stay grouped up behind the right foot of the troll. Also, another mechanic not in tier 1 is the electrified floor. Tiles will become electrified, and the group should move off of those tiles and reposition the boss. Eventually the whole floor will be lit up, so it's important that DPS be constantly bossing on this guy and get him down as quickly as possible. That means telling/reaveal weakness/counterdefense/SOP:Command/etc. There's probably more about the fight I don't know about, but that should get you guys started for sure.

here's what i experienced as the tank which can be used to help both me, and people who tank him in the future. there are 3 things you want to stack. obviously, because you're the tank. but it might not seem so obvious so i'm just pointing them out and giving them extra emphasis.

first being avoidances. his attack speed is pretty slow. so if you can avoid one or two attacks in a row, your static level is likely to go down, rather than rise. each time he hits you your static level rises. when it gets to 10, it does a massive aoe and goes back down to 5. what this means is the less you get hit..... the less you get hit..... which makes sense, but it's really important because when he does the big aoe, it follows a direct hit (the one that puts you at 10) so in a matter of a half second you could be taking 10-15k damage. also, if you're doing the tank swap method, which i feel we will in the future, this allows the other tank more time to allow their static level to drop before they have to pick up aggro again.

secondly, mitigation. mucho tactical mitigation. traits like tolerance, fidelity, compassion, innocence, honour. as much vitality as you can without suffering in the avoidances part. if a loremaster has a pet that lives long enough, the raven will help in this department. the less damage you take.... the less damage you take... which is always good. means you have to get healed for less. especially when you get those steam debuffs that raise your incoming damage. 15k is a good number to aim for. that's around 64% or so. if you can get higher, do it.

lastly, morale. i was sitting at around 18k and that was barely enough. i'd say if you're at 17k you're possibly too low. you've gotta have a big enough threshold to survive the beating (5-9k's on the regular) plus the massive aoe if your static level gets to 10, while giving your healers time to heal you up before his next regular hit happens.

also. incoming healing is another great thing to stack. the gear i use gets me to 16% and i'm just a hobbit. bout 5.9k is the rating.

i can't emphasize how important all these things are. in tier 2, you gotta bring your best. if you aren't properly geared, don't even try because it's just going to waste peoples time.

if you're a guard you gotta have threat stance, minimum 4 blues traited for the extra perceived threat (not to mention, there are a few blues that increase the threat generation of shield skills and shield taunt). dps is going to be blowing this guy up and you gotta be ready to actively do everything you can to keep it. this is especially important in a tank swap. always always be generating threat. if you're not generating threat, you're going to lose, because the dps isn't not dpsing. if you're not getting responses, use things like fray the edge, improved shield blow, vexing blow (don't waste your time with sweeping cut. too much power, and unless your crit rating is high, it aint gonna crit). shield smash is a nice thing to have.

another important stat is finesse. while tanking my finesse was around 5k, and this guys still blocked/parried/evaded often. when your skills get b/p/e'd, that's aggro lost. do not lose the aggro race!! do not ignore this stat!

ok that's all i got. may add more later.

Форум гильдии Странников » База знаний LOTR » Гайды по инстансам и боевке » Lightning T2 (гайд по Lightning T2)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: